Google Interland is a really fun resource created by Google. It's part of their 'Be Internet Legends' scheme of work which they have also created. Teachers can download lesson plans for free (link below). Interland is a series of four different floating lands where children can play four different types of games/quizzes. Each land deals with a different area of online safety - etiquette scenarios, sharing secrets, posting photos and cyber-bullying. Children will enjoy the 'game' aspect of this fun resource and earn more points by selecting positive and safe choices. They can also download a ceritificate when they complete a land.
Where can I access it?
Be Internet Legends website
Tutorials & Lesson Ideas
1. King Kingdom (Green) - Travel up the mountain collecting hearts of kindness to give to sad victims. Entrap the bullies behind bars to stop them hurting the victims.
2. Mindful Mountain (Blue) - Choose your audience for sharing pictures and posts. Fire at mirrors to reflect your post onto a wider audience.
3. Reality River (Red) - Answer multiple choice online safety scenario questions to cross the river.
4. Tower of Treasure (Orange) - Race through the desert to collect secrets and information to store safely in the tower. Avoid the rocks! Once you are at the tower, protect the secrets from towers by choosing the safest passwords, this will better protect the tower.
5. Download the Be Internet Legends scheme of work for more brilliant lesson ideas.