Welcome Early Years teachers!
Here are my recommendations for apps, websites, software and hardware for teaching Early Years computing skills and objectives.
Click on the icon to find out more, view tutorial videos and lesson ideas.
- Children should know what to do if they have a problem on a computer/device.
- Children should learn about 'stranger danger' on the internet.
- Children can give simple instructions to control a device, like a 'floor' robot, or on-screen object.
- Children can use trial and error to produce an accurate set of simple instructions, to control a floor 'robot' or on-screen object.
- Children can use ICT to generate ideas for their work.
- Children can use various tools such as brushes, pens, rubber, stamps, shapes.
- Children can save, retrieve and print work.
- Children can take a digital picture as part of a task.
- Children can record a sound as part of a task.
- Children can capture video.
- Children can discuss which videos to keep and which to delete.
Typing and Mouse skills
- Children can find particular keys on a keyboard such as letters and numbers.
- Children can use a mouse, finger etc. to select and move items on the screen, assembling or matching objects.
- Children can use some software to create / assemble digital content for clear purpose.
Internet and Computer Systems
- Children know the different parts of a computer.